Friday, December 28, 2007
Spain?
Why am I going to spain? I have no idea. I am going to tour around on a little bus, with a camera hanging from my neck like a noose, and big gawking eyes popping from behind my sunglasses caught by empty 'oOhs' and 'aAhs' of things I can't appreciate past the image thereof. Cultured? the word has become cliche - its not just going to far historic places, is it? it has to be something more. People always swear on their lives on the amazingness of their study abroads. right? Is it true? their experiences? can they be trusted? I don't know exactly what i am looking for by flying away to live in a foreign country for four months, but I want it to be more than jsut the tourist experience. I want to bring back a scrap book of native friends, and personal relationships, things and places that I am attached to, for more than just the I-have-visited-there reasons. Is that even too much to ask? I am going to be rooming with Keri Anderson. We both know each other from freshmen year. Actually, she was one of the first people that I met. I remember going down to their apartment and asking them to come out and play volleyball. She was there at the field the first day I met Bryce. (who's bryce? I don't know) I know that she wants to get a lot out of this trip too. Especially language opportunities, maybe we can both make goals to practice a lot with or host family and with each other. We can help each other make this a worth while trip. it's gotta be so, I gotta make it be so. O and susie, you have to stop eating to the point of a stomach ache - every time! geez, do you ever learn?? Ow! Ow! my stomach hurts too much, I can't move, I can't think, I can't do anything! Ow! Ow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment