Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008.

Well it has been my first christmas hoilday here in SPain and away from my family. I am not going to lie, I have been missing my family a lot this week, which is really odd for me as I am usually so into new situations and adventures that I hardly ever let myself miss things I am not around. But I have learned this season, that there are something things that just can't replace your family. And I am very thankful for that lesson, I am very thankful for my family and all that it is and isn't. It isn't necesarialy the funnest or the nicest or the bestest, but it's mine, so its perfect.

Despite the away from home situation I have just spent a wonderful and enjoyable Christmas Eve here with the Fernadnez family.
Well in the morning to be honest, I went to compras (shopping! yup, I did do it all THAT last minute). I had to bring Javi along to help me cope with the pressure and not to have a nervous break down. He was more than helpful. We found everything I needed in a calm, open, yet fun manner. I would def recommend him as a shopping partner to anyone, he really saved my day. Then afterwards treated us to a BK 1 euro icecream cone. Really the best.

Anyway on arriving home, Angel and Encarni were out so I was able to sneak upstairs without anyone seeing my purchases. A little while later they came home and we started on lunch. We decided to take it light in preparation for the big Christmas Dinner in the evening. After Lunch, Angel put ppn weird Spanish Christmas Flamenco carols and we began preparing everything for the evening.
Of course we were anxious for the food and the évent' so a few things we probably started earlier than necessary, but o well, that is the fun of it.
We picked out the perfect table cloth with the nice china. I set out the silverware, fork on left, knife on right, and postre fork on top pointing to the left. WE even found little red and silver candles to put on. O, it looked so nice.

Anyway Alberto and Maripaz came for dinner. We has SO much more food than was necessary. I hated seeing the food go uneaten that I had helped prepare and prob encouarged that there be more of, so I still eat everything on my plate althougth a lot of ppl turned it down, including encarni! I really regret eating so much now - my stomach still feels exploding and it is 6 o clock in the morning, about six hours form when we finished eating. To finish we made a toast with Shampagne, I of course was given my propio botella of sparkling cider. Edu and barbie shared it with me. O yea.

After dinner, The Encarni's sister came over with ALL of her kids they stayed for a ratito but it was when they left that the real party got started. We pulled out the old parchiz game, and we played until 4 o'clock in the morning. Never had I thought encarni was serious about the hour until then. I am now completly my present wrapping then I am planning on sneaking down stairs and placing it all on the dinning room table. We'll see how tmw goes.

Merry Christmas

Esta es Noche Noche Buena, Y manana Navidad.
Dame la bota Maria Que me voy a enborrachar
Ande Ande Ande Marimorena Ande Ande Ande
Que es Noche Buena

No comments: