Tuesday, October 28, 2008

waiting for my mission call

I finished my mission papers within a week period of time. I left them with my stake president a month ago, completed, signed, sealed, just waiting for that ninety day mark to send them in the mail. It wasn't anything ebarcable, and took less effort or attention than had been expected.
There is no anxiety now, I am not in any hurry to receive them, nor do I stay up at night wondering or thinking about where I am going to go. Excited? of course. But it feels almost normal - ordinary - more just part of the process than anything. (at least at this moment). When I receive my letter I don't plan to jump around or yell or call anyone up on the phone. Actually I can see myself taking it up to my room, sitting on my bed, then sticking it under my mattress for a couple of days. I will probably tell Karie first, that if came. She'll of course ask me where to then flip out when I tell her it hasn't been opened yet. She'll tell me to get off and open it immediately then sign back on and tell her where.
Where? I don't want to know where, it doesn't interest me as much, not as much as when. At least then I could begin to plan the rest of my life. Will I have time to do another semester of school? Will I have to leave early? Will I move in with my sister in Ogden while I wait out the probail sentence. Will I get back in time for Fall or Winter semester? Will I leave before or after Bryce gets back? If he gets back before, would I see him before I left? Would that change anything?
I know the Lord has a plan for me. He loves me and sees me and there are people waiting for me to find. I don't know a lot of things but I know that the mission is the next place I am called to be. This year I was called to be in Spain (am I fulfilling that purpose/calling?) and next year he wants me to be a missionary. I am grateful for that confirmation, the confirmations and guidance in my life, the one sure thing I have with my GSP.

1 comment:

Karianne Salisbury said...

Yay for your mission call. And you got some things right. One, you’d better tell me first and immediately. Call me at 2 in the morning or whatever cuz I know you always forget about the time difference. BUT….but, I wonder if you’ll actually be able to wait to open it….hmm I guess we will see. But you dang better tell me.