Sunday, August 03, 2008

Finding the church in Spain

So I've never really been active in the are here. And I mean that by I don't have a calling, I've never had visiting teachers, to attended activities of the ward (of the stake yes, many, but never from Alcala) until I started becoming friends with Carolina and slowly the other chicos in our ward as well. Now we are a strong group and we always sit together during sacrament meeting, go to class together and then after make plans for the upcoming weekend.
Its a really powerful then to have friends in the - really como Presdent Hinckley put it in the top three things ever member needs in the church 0 I really believe, a lot of the gospel and this life is based on individual decisions, individual purposes, but also - we can not over look the role of Fellowship, Relations, We are all hermanos and children of God - what a powerful thing to know.
Anyway I bore my testimony in sacrament today - Three things - two good one bad- BAD: I did not make any sense what i said, I couldn't keep the same train of thought or topic so my thoughts where everywhere. And grammatically - horrible! But then the GOOD: I got up! wahoo! that my friend is accomplishment in of itself thank you! yay! 2. Great accent! so the groups of words together didn't make sense, but at least I said them right! It was even more awarding because I spoke after an ex missionary or something and I sounded so much better than him (I think anyway ' ))
but this afternoon I think that we are going to the Charlar at the temple at 6:30. I am hungry because I am still fasting. Today I am fasting for a number of things (its completely fine to 'group fast' no?) but one of them is to really clear up where and what I will be doing in the next few months. A lot of it depends on the rules of the mission papers and when I can get those started, as well was what I hear back from BYU. yes...byu....
So they other day, on Thursday it would be, it was the last day with my abono so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and go the temple. Because I had gone on Martes that week with Valentin ad Ana. I knew there would be another session Juaves por la manana. So I went by myself to join and help in the session, hoping initially to receive some more blessings in the form of guidance and direction and help with completing some of the final details of my latest decision to stay in Spain for fall semester.
Afterwards in the tarde I went to run then got back and hopped in the shower. Wel I was running I was thinking about the classes I would be taking and everything, but something still didn't feel quite right, I was closer to the answer but not just yet. Then while I was in the shower this random, but maybe good idea came to me: Talk to the BYU director that is coming out here in Aug to see if you can attend his classes that he will give here in Alcala. This way, I wouldn't be a part of the Study Abroad Program in Complete, but rather register for the classes like a normal BYU student, go to the classes, take the test, and normal BYU credit like I was back in provo. Anyway, I don't know what will come form it - and its not exaclty what I want - (it might have negative effects - for example, they are not spanish classes, they are taught in english, the diversity that I would have at Complutense certainly wouldnt be the same, but I would have more time in the afternoons to work, its closer to home, plus the classes would actually count for something, which maybe in the future will pay off. And because I have a scholarship it would be about two hundred less than the classes at Complutense - but of course less culture, less adventrue, and a lot less spanish.
But anyway i sent a letter to the BYU director just to see. It might be that it wouldnt even be possible and then my decision will be made. I t was just the idea I had so we will see where it leads us....

No comments: