One trick of the trade I have found in my life is to never plan to far ahead and always be ready to be thrown through a loop. Basically, I live my life week to week each day learning something new and being directed forward to the next day. Sometimes the Lord really has worked so sudtley in my life, and other's its a little more obvious. So in regards to my latest decision to prepare for my mission in Spain until January, I don't know if we can call it one of those 'all-of-a-suddens'' or 'this has been expected.' Frankly, if I had been bolder and just braver maybe with what the Lord was telling me three months ago, I probably would have been on top of this decision a long time ago. But I'm so hestiant sometimes, and I just had to make sure this really was what he has been telling me. But just take a few looks back into my journal and you will see the time and all of the hints leading to this decision.
Maybe you can go back to Janurary days, where I repeadetly say, "What is it I am in Spain? I feel that it is something bigger than just this study abroad group. I need to get involved and really BE a part of the community.' Or when I am talking to Danni and Emily later in teh program, "I can't believe how short this program is. I wish it was for a year, I could stay here for a year.'
Or almost all of my May/June journal entries, "I feel nautious about the idea of returning to BYU.' 'Every thought I just hate it. I can't see any of the good in it anymore (no that is a lie but be patient.) I Do not want to go back!'
So you see, if you take a few looks into my journal, you might believe that my decision is actually a lot more long based then solomente that I found language classes to take in the fall.
I honestly don't think that I will be here for the classes. I feel that the most important part of my being here in those months will be for MTC prep. Well, I will do my best anyway. I will need to do a lot of tings, start vigorous scripture study, weekly temple trips, go to the temple prep class, go out with the missionaries, strengthen my testimony by giving it and sharing it in every opportunity. Buying and collecting Missionary Clothes!!!! ahh!! (I will dress like a sister missionary for two years....hahah o geez...) But the sisters here all dress pretty fashionable actually. I hope to dress at least as good as they do.
But of course I hope that the language 'perfecting' will also be a big life asset later in the future, one that will pay off for good times.
My friend Daniel, well not really my friend, but a boy in my ward and ex-novio de Carolina just received his mission call. He is going to Brussels, French speaking. crazy.
I feel so good about a mission! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment