
Ever made yourself a birthday cake? Its actually quite fun and rejuvenating, I recommened it. This one started as a spur of the moment thing as I was wasting time before leaving for a government study group (aka fondue party at beckys house) -With my birthday apporoaching, I had been thinking about how fun it had been being seventeen and how unprepared I felt to
move on. You only live to be seventeen once bytheway, and I knew that eighteen would never fit properly if i was still holding
onto the memories and events of the past year. I had to do something to say goodbye- something to make the transition official. I had thought about a ceremonial birthday putting offage -- it sounded potential but the legal paperwork involved would be haneous and it began to sound less and less plausible.
Suddenly the idea came to me, - Susie, you need to make yourself a cake. By yourself, for yourself. What a perfect way to offically say goodbye to the monumental SEVENTEEN! I would hold a celebration in my room the last few hours of the year. It would
have to be a celebration of good times as well as reflection period to think back and ponder what had actually occured over the last twelve months. I could officially close off my old goals, let loose of old baggage, and kiss the whole seventeen theme song goodbye- preparation was def in effect. You dont just turn eighteen everyday, I had to be ready.
onto the memories and events of the past year. I had to do something to say goodbye- something to make the transition official. I had thought about a ceremonial birthday putting offage -- it sounded potential but the legal paperwork involved would be haneous and it began to sound less and less plausible.Suddenly the idea came to me, - Susie, you need to make yourself a cake. By yourself, for yourself. What a perfect way to offically say goodbye to the monumental SEVENTEEN! I would hold a celebration in my room the last few hours of the year. It would
have to be a celebration of good times as well as reflection period to think back and ponder what had actually occured over the last twelve months. I could officially close off my old goals, let loose of old baggage, and kiss the whole seventeen theme song goodbye- preparation was def in effect. You dont just turn eighteen everyday, I had to be ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment